Friday, September 17, 2010

what is the best road to backup my digital pictures...I be thinking external frozen drive?

I own a very considerable amount of pictures

what is the best road to backup my digital pictures...I be thinking external frozen drive?

http://www.newegg.com/productsort/catego... get a dvd burner, they can be bought for below 50$,standard disc is 4.7 gig at roughly a buck apeice, dual layer 8 gb available,you can show your pics on anyones home dvd player, and when your done, you can copy cd,s and dvd,s
External easier said than done drive sounds like a honest choice. It is portable and you can take it near you.
Best way is to do multiple backup, I would back up to external concrete drive, but keep an sour computer copy, DVD (preferred) or multiple CD's. This way if you intricate drive fails years down the road, you aren't stuck after.
yeah external drive would be the best choice.
I use Acronis True Image for that. With True Image you can store your backups where on earth you want: HDs, DVDs, CDs or any USB devices. In your case it will be better to store photos on DVDs I feel. Here is some information about True Image:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/pro...
For me the best channel to back up digital pictures is to dispatch it to your email(open your email, compose a message, attach pictures but files should not be more than 1 MB, send it to yourself and cc your alternate email). Everywhere you can access email, you can access your pictures. Now you should own two emails so that when one email is not available, you can access your pictures on the other. External drives are okey but sometimes this usb drives just unexpectedly cannot be read anymore by the harddrive by only just simply not safely removing it. So I find it concrete easy for me to access my files anywhere. As long as the internet is organized, I can access my pictures. (you must also edit your pictures so that it wont be that big a database.)

No comments:

Post a Comment