Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is the CSEL pin way out on the vertebrae of a compact disc drive for?

On the put a bet on of my computer internal CD reader, there's the prospect to configure it as a master, slave, or CSEL. What is CSEL? I purchased my HP computer 6 years ago and this CD drive be configured with the jersey on the CSEL pins. Seems to me it should have be jumpered as "slave" since I had a compact disc writer in the computer as master. Can anyone here explain?

What is the CSEL pin way out on the vertebrae of a compact disc drive for?

CSEL is short for cable select. Special drive cable in mostly HP and Compaq computers enlighten the motherboard which drive is master and which one is slave.
CSEL = Cable Select. The drives are configured based on their location on the ribbon cable.



I've other found the best method to choose either Primary, or Slave. I've never have a need for the Cable Select likelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment